CURRENT INFORMATION about The Summer Season 2020
Start of the summer season: Saturday, 27 June 2020
This page will be continually updated and extended.
Subjects to change.
Dated: 1 July 2020
Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis is already jumping up and down with excitement for the summer season 2020.
We will be opening our gates to holiday bliss on 27 June – with hospitability and top quality as usual! We are hugely looking forward to the day when our mountains once again come alive with the laughter of happy children, parents and grandparents.
Are you already feeling that holiday buzz and hear the humming, buzzing and tweeting wildlife and the rushing of mountain streams and would love to roam freely and barefooted through Alpine meadows? But you are still a little unsure about your holiday? We are here for you and have gathered all current information about measures and guidelines regarding COVID-19 for you. After all, you are part of our SFL family, aren’t you?
Frequently Asked Questions
Start your holiday well-informed
This summer 2020, Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis will be opening its doors on 27 June. Most of the accommodations, restaurants, cable cars and attractions on the mountain are waiting for you – in compliance with precaution and safety measures. From this day, all inclusive features are free with the Super. Summer. Card.
You can find the already known opening times of our lifts, mountain restaurants and attractions HERE.
From 16 June the entry to Austria from 31 countries is possible again without restrictions. In addition to Austria's neighboring countries (including Italy), these includes the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Denmark, France, Poland and many European countries more.
For more detailed information, we recommend you, to contact the relevant authority in your home country.
We can no longer wait to welcome our guests to Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis.
At present, the following protective measures and rules of conduct apply in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis as well as in the whole of Austria:
- Wash hands correctly and regularly – disinfect hands regularly
- Cover mouth and nose with your bent elbow or a tissue to cough and sneeze
- Keep an one-metre distance to other people
- No handshaking when greetings
In certain areas, wearing mouth and nose protection is mandatory (children under the age of 6 are exempt from the mouth-nose-protection).
- In public transports and taxis
- In the gondolas (unless there are only people from the same houshold in the gondolas)
- When entering and leaving events in closed rooms (except at assigned seats)
- At doctors and pharmacies
- For services when the 1 metre distance can't be maintained an no other protective measures are available
In compliance with safety regulations, the kids’ clubs will open their gates on 6 July. From Monday to Friday, the kids’ clubs welcomes kids from 9.30am to 4pm. There will be smaller care groups with no more than 15 kids. Advance reservation necessary. We will start with 2 groups: Minis & Kids (3-8 years) and Junior & Chillers (9-15 years). Before starting into a great day full of adventures, all kids must wash their hands. In addition, it is compulsory to wear a mouth-and-nose mask while playing indoor (from the age of 6). We will try to offer all activities outside in the mountains of Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis (depending on weather conditions).
Information for reservations in advance:
For reservations in advance for the kids' clubs programme please concact Cordula Geiger, the manager of our kids' clubs, on the telephone number +43/664/4245085.
There is also a hiking bus this summer - all Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis guests can use the Postbus line 4236 between Ladis and Serfaus for free with the Super. Summer. Card. You can find the timetable of the route here and on the VVT SmartRide app. Please note, that a mouth-and-nose mask must be worn on public transports.
In addition, there will be a hikers' bus as usual from 4 July 2020, which will shuttle between Ladis Unterdorf and Serfaus Parkcafé.
Attention: the Fiss cable car stop is not served
Note: With regard to sustainability and traffic calming, we recommend you to use our well-developed gondola network during the day to commute between the three villages of Serfaus, Fiss and Ladis.
Due to the current situation, the Flotte Berta unfortunately has to stay in her stable this summer for now. But our Flotte Berta is already looking forward to drive with you again soon.
To curb the spread of the coronavirus, events will not take place. We ask for your understanding that the final decision depends on factors that we cannot influence. You can find an overview of which events are taking place in our event schedule.
The Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis team can be reached by phone from Monday to Friday from 8am to 12pm and 1pm to 5pm by phone at +43 5476 6239 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the construction of a tunnel, the Landecker Straße L 76 between Landeck and Fließ is closed from 11 May to the end of November 2020. As a bypass, the Landecker Tunnel can be used without a vignette. But only if the Zams motorway entrance is taken. More information can be found HERE.
Explore the mountains in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis safely and healthily
We try to make your stay as safe and pleasant as possible. To do so, our premises are cleaned and disinfected more frequently. In addition, our employees and signs ensure that everything runs smoothly on the mountain (adventure parks, bike park, etc.) as well. However, we also need your help to guarantee that all regulations and measures are observed at all times.
Wearing a mouth-and-nose mask is currently mandatory in the following areas (children under the age of 6 are exempt from the mouth-nose-protection):
- Serfaus Underground
- In the gondolas (except people from the same household)
General safety measures:
- Keep distance at the waiting areas (at least 1 metre)
- A maximum of 2 non-household persons may be in one gondola
- If there are non-household people in the gondola, you must wear mouth-nose-protection while driving
- Follow the floor markings and the instructions of the employees
- Observe general hygiene rules
- Use disinfectant - sufficient dispensers are set up
- We are happy to offer the option of contactless payment when buying tickets
At our attractions (e.g. Schneisenfeger Family Coaster, Fisser Flitzer, etc.), preventice measures such as regular disinfection are taken.
All summer cable cars will be open from 27 June. You can find an overview including operating times here.
All attractions (except from PlayIN) will be open from 27 June. Detailed information on the operating times is available HERE
The Högsee lake will be open from 27 June and you can jump into the cool water. However, the health of our guests always comes first. Please keep the safety distance to other guests while swimming or relaxing on the lake’s bank (6 m² in the water).
In general there are no restrictions on the hiking and bike trails. If you encounter other hikers or bikers, please keep a safe distance of at least 1 metre. So you protect yourself and others. The Verband alpiner Vereine für Österreich (VAVÖ, austrian alpine association) has developed recommendations for the practice of alpine sports in COVID-19 times:
1. Reduce risk-taking
Stay below the personal performance limit during alpine activities. Consider the corona-related risks and difficulties in rescue operations, as well as the additional burden on the hospitals. More than ever, the rule is: only healthy in the mountains!
2. Keep a distance of at least 1 metre
Wear a face mask to protect mouth and nose if the minimum distance of 1 metre must be exceeded. Certain mountain sports activities (e.g. mountain biking) may also require larger distances.
3. Mountain sports only in small groups
The actual number of people depends on the respective mountain sport. There is an upper limit of 10 people. Keep in mind that as group size increases, it will be more difficult to keep your distance! Avoid high-traffic tours and places.
4. Avoid habitual mountain rituals
For example, shaking hands, hugs, summit kiss, offering drinking bottles to others, etc.
5. Take mouth-nose protection and disinfectants with you
In addition to the general emergency equipment, mouth-and-nose protection and disinfectants should be kept in the backpack.
6. In an emergency, as usual ...
... act as a first aider according to the generally applicable first aid guidelines and additionally use mouth-and-nose mask.
To ensure you keep having fun and enjoy action-packed days in the Bikepark Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis, we ask you to observe distancing rules and hygiene measures. In addition, the following rules and safety measures apply in the bike park or at the area surround it next to the Waldbahn:
Bike park shop:
- Please keep a sufficient distance from people outside your household and avoid group formation.
- Observe general hygiene measures.
- Pay attention to floor markings and instructions from employees.
- We offer the option of contactless payment.
- Keep a minimum distance of one metre at the waiting area.
- A maximum of two non-household persons is allowed per gondola.
- A mouth-and-nose mask must be worn in the gondola if there are at least two people outside the household.
- The tower may be entered by a maximum of two people, with one person on the platform and the other person on the ramp.
Pumptrack and Kids Park:
- Currently, the pumptrack area and the Kids Park are only allowed to be used by three people at a time.
Under the motto "safe on the mountains" the cable car companies of Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis have summarized the most important information and rules. That we can all ensure maximum safety and the best holiday feeling, we ask everyone to help and comply with the regulations and safety measures.
Sleep and enjoy safely in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis
We take your safety very seriously. Therefore, with a lot of commitment, numerous measures are taken to offer a maximum of safety. Our hosts are happy to give a little more, especially when it comes to our guests. Here are our tips for your relaxing summer holiday in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis:
Arrival and departure
- If possible, tell your host an approximate time of arrival. This makes planning easier and avoiding traffic jams at the reception.
- You are welcome to send your personal data to your host before arrival.
- As much as we would like to welcome you, we have to do it without shaking hands and warm hugs this year. But our smile comes from the heart.
During the stay
- A thorough cleaning of your room or apartment is a matter of course for our hosts.
- If any symptoms of illness occur during your stay, please contact your host immediately.
- For your and our safety, please do not forget to keep the distance of 1 meter.
- There is no mouth-nose-protection-obligation for you at the accommodation.
- Eating from the buffet is also allowed again. Special hygiene measures such as disinfection dispensers, disposable gloves or disposable cutlery are a matter of course for our hosts here. There is also more space between the tables. So you can enjoy in a safe area.
- Do you want to relax safely in the wellness area? Simply inquire directly with your host, who will be happy to provide information on how to use the wellness area in the accommodation. This is based on existing recommendations for facilities in accordance with the Bath Hygiene Act.
Your health always comes first - also for our local restaurant owners. To provide maximum safety, numerous measures were implemented, e.g.:
- Guaranteeing that everyone is keeping the minimum distance (employee/signs)
- Strict hygienic measures at tables
- Special cleaning measures and regular disinfection
- Applicable measures regarding buffets and food distribution
- Possibility of cashless payment
- Public notices – rules of conduct for all guests
Questions about Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis cancellation guarantee
By booking directly with the hotel, we kindly ask you to directly contact your accommodation provider regarding their cancellation policy. The Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis cancellation guarantee only applies to bookings made through the Tourist Board. All bookings for summer season 2020 made through the official Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis website (www.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at) and arranged through the Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis Tourist Board (email@example.com) can be cancelled or rebooked free of charge until 1 week before arrival. This applies to all bookings that were completed from May 15 2020 at 12 noon. However, many accommodations also offer preferential cancellation conditions for direct bookings.
For bookings made before May 15, the cancellation policy of the accommodation booked on the day of booking applies. Therefore, please contact your landlord directly. Many accommodations currently offer preferential cancellation conditions.
Bookings completed from 15 May 12noon and made through the official Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis website (www.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at) or arranged through the Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis Touris Board (firstname.lastname@example.org ) can be canceled or rebooked free of charge up to one week before arrival without stating a reason.
If you cannot go on holiday due to closed borders/ regional closures, you can cancel your holiday at no extra charge. However, we recommend to directly contact your host regarding any deposit already paid. We would like to make you aware that the host is allowed to retain an administration fee.
If you have any questions about bookings, please contact your landlord directly.