01.06.2022 - Basic texts, Summer
Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis at a Glance
The 2022 summer season starts on Saturday 11 June 2022 and ends on Sunday 16 October 2022.
THE VILLAGES IN DETAIL
Serfaus (1,427 m):
• Population: 1,165
• Guest beds: 7,315
• Special features:
- The world’s smallest, highest-altitude, air-cushion suspension underground railway
- Campanile (Roman watchtower) with an 800-kilogram Löffler bell, dating from 1577
- Pilgrim church “Unsere Lieben Frau im Walde”
- Refugium Archaeology Museum in St. Zeno and Serfaus Parish Museum
Fiss (1,436 m):
• Population: 1,006
• Guest beds: 6,035
• Special features:
- 600-year-old village centre with historical farmhouses
- s'Paules und s'Seppls Haus (museum of local history)
- Galerie am Kirchplatz art gallery
- “Fisser Imperial Gerste” – a traditional barley which has almost fallen into oblivion but rediscovered from local farmers
Ladis (1,192 m):
• Population: 540
• Guest beds: 2.449
• Special features:
- Rhaeto-Romanic townscape (outside staircases, carved gables and historical baking ovens) with the fresco-decorated Rechelerhaus and Stockerhaus
- Laudeck castle, dating from the 12th century
- Acidulous mineral spring “Tiroler Sauerbrunn” in Obladis
- Galerie Rechelerhaus art gallery
GET OUT AND ABOUT WITH THE “SUPER. SUMMER. CARD.”
Every guest who stays at one of the designated partner accommodations in Serfaus, Fiss or Ladis will receive the “Super. Sommer. Card.” service card, ensuring that nothing stands in the way of first-class time-out in line with the “zero worries principle”. This card allows you to make unlimited use of all open cable cars, including the mountain adventure worlds in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis. The children’s entertainment programme in the two children’s clubs, the hiking bus and guided mountain hikes can be enjoyed by all SFL guests.
TIPS FOR HIKERS AND BIKERS
- The holiday region Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis has 500 kilometres of marked hiking trails. They range from 1,200 to 3,000 metres in elevation through richly coloured flowering Alpine meadows and deep green forests and are crowned by majestic summits. Children particularly enjoy hiking the family-themed trails or through the Adventure Mountains of the Austrian children's and youth author Thomas Brezina. Tip: many trails are accessible with a baby buggy.
- In summer the many mountain restaurants and huts are open and spoil their guests with regional and international specialities.
- Whether on foot or by bike, many of the trails lead to the most beautiful panorama spots. The modern viewing platform Z1, at an altitude of 2,600 metres, is right by the Almbahn top station in Fiss. From up here one has an unobstructed view of the highest mountains in Germany and Italy. Those who dare cross a vertigo-inducing hanging bridge are rewarded with an impressive view into the distance at the Adlerhorst panorama platform. The Matinesweg trail (Lovers’ Lane) leads to the Inntalblick panorama platform. The viewing tower in the Hög Adventure Park offers a wonderful panoramic view combined with fascinating facts about the timber industry. The Wode bath and Wode tower in Ladis are steeped in secrecy. They hide a mysterious story about the giant Wode as well as an impressive view from the Wode tower into the Kaunertal and Inntal valleys. The trail is dotted with numerous relaxing benches and hammocks that invite the walker to take a break with a view.
- 11 lifts carry all nature-lovers close to the summits. Tip for bikers: the gondolas of the Waldbahn lift are designed so that bikes can easily be stored inside. In Serfaus, there is no need to worry about how to reach the gondola lift. The fully modernised and free Serfaus Underground carries all guests to the "Seilbahn" station.
- Mountain bikers will get their fill of fun on the many kilometres of single trails and MTB tours between 1,200 and 2,600 metres of elevation. Hobby bikers can explore the area on e-bikes. E-bike charging stations (electricity connections) are spread out across the entire Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis region.
- The beloved Bikepark Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis is right by the Waldbahn bottom station and is divided into training area, kids park, pumptrack, landing bag and slopestyle.
- The Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis Bike School offers a suitable programme for mountain bikers of all age groups and skill levels.
- If your bikes get really dirty, a specially constructed Bike Wash Station is available at the Schönjochbahn bottom station. By the way: anyone with a trail, bike transport, bike park or combination ticket can use the wash station once a day for free.
- Swimming: On hot summer days, Högsee lake and the Freibad Serfaus (outdoor pool), with its FUN waterslide and panoramic sunbathing lawn, offer the perfect refreshment.
- Climbing: Rock acrobats of all ages and levels love the exciting climbing routes on the castle rock of Laudeck castle in Ladis. Looking for greater heights? Then head to the Rappenwand Family Climbing Crag below Serfaus. Still not enough? At the X-Trees forest rope course, visitors can climb through the Spider Net, and the climbing tower at the Mini&Maxi Club in Fiss is great for the little ones.
- Archery: In a lightly wooded area near Serfaus lies a 3D archery course with 14 targets. With its various difficulty levels, the course is interesting for both beginners and more advanced archers.
- Paragliding: One unusual holiday highlight is certainly a paragliding flight. Alone or in tandem, discover the limitless freedom of flying and enjoy the impressive mountain world from a bird's perspective!
- Model aircraft flying: The high plateau offers excellent conditions for model aircraft pilots. The three model aircraft airfields Schönjoch, Perdatscher Bichl and Serfauser Feld are easily accessible on foot.
- Fishing: Those looking to catch their own trout can fish at Lader castle pond. Try-out tickets start at €10. Bring your own fishing equipment.
- Fiss Driving Range: At the sunniest driving range in Tyrol, golfers and those who want to become golfers can practice everything from the tee to a short game.
- Segway Trekking: Shift your bodyweight slightly forward and get started on a tour on two wheels through the unspoilt mountain world of Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis. Loads of fun for the whole family.
- Canyoning: Together with a trained canyoning guide, the adventure-hungry can experience otherwise inaccessible nature. Hike through natural riverbeds and explore deep gorges, jump into clear pools and slide or abseil from rock walls.
- Rafting: In rafting, action aficionados speed down Tösner Schlucht, Sannaschlucht or Landecker Schlucht gorges in rubber boats, accompanied by trained boat guides.
- PLAYIN Indoor Playground: A great offer of recreational activities for the whole family, not only on bad weather days, is the huge PlayIN Indoor Playground directly at the Komperdell cable car bottom station in Serfaus. Adventurers of all ages can have fun on twelve different climbing walls and two climbing towers, in the Bouldering Room, in the soft play area or the Laser Room.
- Indoor Arena Fiss: In the summer, the Comfort Ski Depot at Schönjochbahn bottom station is transformed into a veritable indoor play paradise. The highlight is the mini golf course, where visitors of all ages can put their skills to the test on 18 holes.
ADVENTURE PARKS, ATTRACTIONS AND GEOCACHING
- Serfaus Adventure World
Near the mid station of Komperdellbahn cable car lies the Serfaus Adventure World, with its interactive water adventure park Murmliwasser and the Murmli Rodeo. The 15,000-square metre site borders on a mountain torrent. Interactive stations invite the whole family to play. You will find a gold panning sluice as well as real marmots. Those seeking to discover the home of the little mascot Murmli can follow the Murmliweg trail. The bravest adventurers can take the Flying Fox Serfauser Sauser to zip through the Tyrolean mountain world at heights of 85 metres and a maximum speed of 65 km/h.
In the Hög Adventure Park, it's all about Alpine farming and forestry. On and around the Högsee lake, among others there's a skill course, a woodcutter playground, a water-filled soft play area, a giant milk churn memory game and a bee house that are suitable for the whole family. Those who want can balance over the raft course or explore the lake on a pedalo or a kayak. One highlight is the all-year toboggan run Schneisenfeger Family Coaster.
Rocks, minerals and fossils are also the focus of attention in the Georama Lassida excavation area which surrounds Lassida mountain restaurant at a height of 2,350 metres. With a shovel in your hand, young and old alike set out on a tour of discovery to find contemporary witnesses to the geological history of the Alps.
- Summer Fun Park Fiss
At the Summer Fun Park Fiss, a 13-metre-high jump tower with giant air cushion, the gigantic Skyswing with three different levels and the Fisser Flieger, which zips over the visitors' heads, ensure an adrenaline rush. A highlight for the entire family is the 2.2-kilometre-long summer toboggan run Fisser Flitzer, which leads past a jungle cave, an ice cave, a creepy tunnel and a pirate ship. Even more fun is provided by the slackline park, the trampoline, a tubing run and the XXL sandpit. And finally, there are two more exciting attractions at and near Wolfsee lake in Fiss: a visitable bear cave and an Indian village.
- In the mood for a treasure hunt? Then head to the Children's Mine at the Fisser Joch ridge at 2,436 metres. The disused quarry is steeped in numerous legends, and there are exciting play stations and balancing gardens, equilibrium stations and a cave experience tunnel. And those who still want to stretch their legs can explore the surroundings on the Golden Man Trail.
- Ladis World of Myths
Ants two and a half metres tall, earthworms four metres long and gigantic beetles await you in the Wode Park. The mysterious forest around Wode bath and Wode tower in Ladis not only harbours a mystery about the giant Wode, but an enormous adventure park with its wonderful flora and fauna. There is lots to discover on the Water Hiking Trail and the Forest Nature Trail, and the circular Myth Trail follows the myth "Wie die Paradiessamen nach Ladis kamen" (“How the seeds of paradise came to Ladis").
- Thomas Brezina’s Adventure Mountains
The famous Austrian author for children and adolescents, Thomas Brezina, gave his imagination free rein and conceived three varied themed trails for children in the holiday region under the slogan of "Adventure Mountains": the Pirates' Trail, the Witches' Trail in Fiss and the Explorers' Trail in Ladis. Along the trails, children can playfully discover nature while solving all sorts of riddles like little detectives.
- Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis Caching Park
With the Bear Cache and the Högsee Gold Cache in Serfaus, the Wo-Bä-Lu Cache in Fiss, and the Interactive Village Tour through Ladis, the holiday region Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis offers four geocaching options for big and small visitors. With the aid of smartphones and an own geocaching app, the hikers can travel along exciting themed trails and learn useful facts about the destination or solve riddles by scanning the QR codes. The apps can be downloaded for free from the App Store and Play Store.
- Kids Website
On our kids website www.murmli-berta.at/en, designed especially for youngsters, our two mascots Murmli and Berta show our little guests all the exciting things they can experience in the region. From action and fun in the hiking area to events, children get to discover the Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis region while they are still at home long before they go on holiday and by doing so can look forward to what awaits them there.
- Culinary Hike: Step by step high into the Tyrolean mountain world, enjoying regional delicacies along the way. On the Culinary Hike in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis, gourmet hikers can pick a hiking route and decide in which three of the six possible mountain restaurants to feast on the regional four-course surprise menu.
- Crystal Cube: The giant cube with completely mirrored sides and a gourmet restaurant stands in the hiking area, near to the Z1 viewing platform, at 2,600 metres above sea level. It’s also one of the highest-situated official registry offices in Tyrol.
- Gourmet Gondola: “View, feast and float” – that’s the motto in the Gourmet Gondola. Foodies can swing up the mountain in a gondola and down again while enjoying an exquisite breakfast or lunch along with the incomparable view.
- Mountain Picnic: Upon request, the Fiss-Ladis cable car company will prepare a rucksack full of delicacies – it even comes with a thermal picnic blanket.
- Schöngampalm Barbecue Station: If you fancy throwing on the barbecue yourself, you can book a spot at Schöngampalm Barbecue Station on the North Side of Fiss, choose your ingredients from a wide range of choices and get started.
EVENTS, CAMPS AND WORKSHOPS IN THE MOUNTAINS
- MOUNDS – The music festival for the whole family (10 to 15 July 2022)
What happens if you combine the two words “mountains” and “sound”? That’s right, you get “MOUNDS”. And because this music festival for the whole family is mainly about good sounds and the wild mountain landscape, the name is simply perfect for the much-loved event. Six whole days, from 10 to 15 July, will be given over entirely to really cool beats. A host of top acts from the German children’s music scene, family-friendly concerts and workshops for dance, rhythm and singing are sure to make the time just fly by.
- Sundowner Concert with Gilbert at the Lader castle pond (13 July 2022)
As part of MOUNDS - the music festival for the whole family - Gilbert, the well-known songwriter from the Tyrolean Ötztal valley, will rock the floating stage in front of the Laudeck castle in Ladis. The friendly artist has his brand-new studio album “Die Zeichen meines Lebens” (The Signs of My Life) in his luggage, but also his well-known hits such as “Ich bin frei” (I am free) or “Mein kleiner Freund” (My little friend).
- Lange Nacht in Serfaus (every 14 days on Thursdays from 7 July to 1 September 2022)
Every two weeks, Serfaus turns night into day: from 7 pm to 11 pm, street musicians, jugglers and magicians parade through the village centre. Guests can taste local specialities and products directly from the farmers. Traditional Serfauser handicrafts and musical entertainment round off the Lange Nacht.
- Muira Huangart in Serfaus (every 14 days on Thursdays from 30 June to 25 August 2022, further dates on 22 September and 13 October 2022)
On the Muiren - the green hill with the Muiren Chapel in Serfaus - the Muira Huangart is all about sociability, craftsmanship and local culinary offerings. Whether authentic pottery, carvings, self-sewn items and paintings or home-distilled schnapps and delicacies from the farmers: Everyone is sure to find a piece of Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis to take home and enjoy.
- Erlebnisabend Fiss (every second Tuesday from 5 July to 30 August 2022)
Hungry for experiences? Then take note! The Erlebnisabend Fiss – The Family Festival on the Mountain is centred on adrenaline-rich attractions like the Fisser Flieger, the Skyswing and the Fisser Flitzer. In addition, the Möseralm mountain restaurant tempts you with culinary delights.
- s’Fest am Brunnen (every 14 days on Tuesdays from 12 July to 6 September 2022)
Under the motto “Tyrolean” and “Culinary”, s’Fest am Brunnen (Village Fountain Festival) takes place in Fiss. Young and old gather around the village fountain, enjoy the last rays of sunshine of the day and experience Tyrolean tradition with the Fiss costume group and brass band. The Mini&Maxi Club and Berta’s bouncy castle provide fun and games for the little ones.
- Bergtöne - A village full of sounds in Fiss (1 to 9 July 2022)
A musical range that’s a sight to behold. From brass to jazz. And then there’s this: a repertoire ranging from classical symphonic brass band to contemporary works and marching music. The Bergtöne combine song, tradition and popular sounds and transform Fiss into a place full of sounds. A real feast for the ears of all visitors.
- Flying Circus in Fiss (23 to 26 June 2022)
For the 26th time, the breath-taking panorama and the perfect infrastructure at the Flying Circus will send the hearts of model pilots from across Europe who love Alpine flying soaring.
- Magic Ladis – Romantische Sommernacht in Ladis (every 14 days on Sundays from 17 July to 28 August 2022).
At the Romantische Sommernacht (Romantic Summer Night) in Ladis, guests of all ages experience an unforgettable evening with culinary delights, musical performances and a varied children’s programme. And all this in the historic village centre of Ladis amidst its listed and fresco-painted buildings.
- Camps, workshops and courses of Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis Bike School
Throughout the entire summer and into autumn, many bike camps , workshops and courses are held for small and big bikers alike (information can be found at: www.bike-sfl.at/en/camps-events/camps).
- Early Rides of Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis Bike School
A tip for early birds: The Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis Bike School organises Early Rides from June to October. With a guide, bikers explore the untouched mountain world around Schönjoch early in the morning and race down the Frommestrail while the first rays of sunshine herald the new day. Finally, a regional breakfast awaits the participants at the Frommes-Alp.
- Culinary Autumn (4 September to 16 October 2022)
For the Culinary Autumn, the inhabitants decorate their houses with corn cobs, pumpkins, old tools and balls of hay. In addition to culinary delights, there are many events, such as the beloved Almabtrieb (for more information go to: www.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/en/News-Events/Culinary-Autumn).
- Tractor and Vintage Car Festival (9 to 11 September 2022)
At the 2022 Culinary Autumn, it won’t just be nostalgics who will be delighted by the 10th Tractor and Vintage Car Festival.
- Art on the Mountain (10 September to 2 October 2022)
Those interested in art can watch stonemasons, sculptors, wood carvers, painters, potters and wood turners live at work. The unusual exhibition is held on the Schönjoch mountain at 2,440 metres. Tip for souvenir hunters: between 17 September and 9 October, many mountain chalets offer a large variety of handicrafts for sale.
There is a huge range of accommodations on offer in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis: private establishments, guesthouses, bed and breakfasts, holiday apartments, exclusive chalets and hotels in different categories. Some of the hotels have exclusive wellness & spa areas, while others are special family and/or children’s hotels. Tip: holiday bikers can simply choose their favourite place to stay from a list of certified bicycle and mountain bike accommodations and enjoy their special service.
HOW TO GET HERE
- By car from the north
Take the German motorway A7 or A95 and then the Fernpassstrasse (B179) until you get onto the (toll-sticker-compulsory) A12, leaving it again at the Oberinntal motorway junction. Continue on through the (toll-sticker-compulsory) Landecker Tunnel, which connects the motorway to the Reschenbundesstrasse. Then take the “Ried im Oberinntal” exit and follow the road signs all the way to Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis.
- By car via Kufstein and Innsbruck
Leave the Inntal motorway A12 at the Oberinntal motorway junction and continue on through the (toll-sticker-compulsory) Landecker Tunnel, which connects the motorway to the Reschenbundesstrasse. Then take the “Ried im Oberinntal” exit and follow the road signs all the way to Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis.
- By car from Switzerland via the Arlberg
If you are coming from Switzerland, follow the A3 to Feldkirch or the A1 to Lustenau and Dornbirn and continue on the (toll-sticker-compulsory) A14 towards Innsbruck. The Arlbergschnellstrasse (S16) leads through the Arlbergtunnel all the way to the A12. Leave this again at the Oberinntal motorway junction and continue on through the (toll-sticker-compulsory) Landecker Tunnel, which connects the motorway with the Reschenbundesstrasse. Then take the “Ried im Oberinntal” exit and follow the road signs all the way to Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis.
- By train to Landeck-Zams station, where the public bus to Serfaus, Fiss or Ladis will already be waiting.
- By plane to Innsbruck (90 km), Munich (220 km) or Zurich (242 km). Then continue by bus, train or airport (shuttle) taxi.
- Website Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis
- Serfaus, Fiss and Ladis
- Super. Summer. Card. Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis
- Hiking in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis
- Biking in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis
- Outdoor sports in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis
- Family paradise in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis
- Adventure and enjoyment in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis
- Accommodations in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis
- Arrival to Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis