The octagonal war memorial chapel with dome and lantern was built in 1928. It is located at the parish church in Fiss and limits the cemetery to the south. The war memorial includes the southern staircase to the cemetery and a picture of St. Barbara. The work consists of grated lime plaster, in which the pigments were painted al fresco. In 1928 the memorial, that was made by plans of the architect Johann Illmer, was officially inaugurated. The paintings were created by the artists Victor Lehnert and Andreas Schnegg. In 1993, the Fiss war memorial was restored.