CURRENT INFORMATION ABOUT THE WINTER SEASON 2020/21
This page will be continually updated and extended.
Subjects to change.
last update: 24 November 2020
The anticipation for winter is huge, however, the health of our guests, employees and locals is always our top priority and a responsible behaviour is very important to us. Due to current developments and the uncertain situation, we have therefore decided to postpone the
start of the winter season 2020/21 to Friday, 18 December 2020.
All guidelines regarding Covid-19, which are imposed by the federal government, are strictly adhered to. The specially set up task force of Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis has already decided on clear regulations and measures in the ski area.
We will do everything we can, to offer you a safe and relaxing winter holiday time in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis. You are still a little unsure about your holiday? We are here for you and have gathered all current information about measures and guidelines regarding COVID-19 for you.
START YOUR WINTER HOLIDAY WELL-INFORMED
Due to current developments, the start of the winter season 2020/21 has been postponed. Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis will start on Friday, 18 December into the winter season 2020/21. The snow start prices for ski tickets have been extended until 25 December 2020.
German travel warnings for Tyrol (selected):
Germany currently has a travel warning in place for Tyrol (with the exception of the enclave of Jungholz). Guests travelling back to Germany after a stay in Tyrol must be aware of the following points:
- If you're entering Germany from another country and have visited a high-risk area, then you need to complete a digital registration form at www.einreiseanmeldung.de .
- Travellers can provide a negative Covid-19 test (no older than 48 hours) if one of the following applies:
- they work in systemically important areas
- visits for family reasons (longer than 72 yours)
- employees in transportation companies or the field of sports (only professional athletes/functionaries), police men
- absolutely necessary journeys (business trips/ for study or training reasons) no longer than 5 days
- Otherwise, a ten-day compulsory quarantine will apply to holiday returnees from all areas on the warning list of the Robert Koch Institute. This period of quarantine can be ended after five days by presenting a negative Covid-19 test.
- Attention! Different regulations in the respective federal states, more information can be found here.
Several German federal states have exemptions for short stays in Tyrol – here are some of them:
- Bavaria: Guests who have stayed in Tyrol for less than 24 hours and have not attended a cultural event, sporting event, public festival or other recreational activity do not have to comply with quarantine regulations on their return to Germany and do not need to provide a negative Covid-19 test.
- Baden-Württemberg: Guests who have stayed in Tyrol for less than 24 hours do not have to comply with quarantine regulations on their return to Germany and do not need to provide a negative Covid-19 test.
- Rhineland-Palatinate & Saarland: Guests who have stayed in Tyrol for less than 72 hours do not have to comply with quarantine regulations on their return to Germany and do not require a negative Covid-19 test.
Travel warnings issued by other countries for Tyrol (selected):
- Travel warning for Austria
- Mandatory ten-day quarantine for travellers arriving from Tyrol (cannot be avoided by presenting a negative PCR test).
- Austria is on the country’s “red list”.
- Travellers with no symptoms of coronavirus returning from Tyrol to Belgium no longer have to provide a negative PCR test (this rule will remain in place until at least 15.11.2020).
- Travellers must register online. The authorities will then decide whether or not a ten-day period of quarantine is required.
- Travel warning for all of Austria.
- Travellers arriving from Austria must register upon arrival.
- Travellers arriving from Austria must quarantine for 14 days (cannot be avoided by providing a negative PCR test).
Here you can find all the relevant information for your holiday in Tyrol in a clear and compact format.
Can I cancel my holiday?
You can get detailed information by your accommodation provider, the online booking platform you used to book your holiday, your travel company or your travel insurance provider.
The tracking and management of contact persons has not only become a legally prescribed instrument, but simply an indispensable tool for tracking an infection chain and, if possible, being able to interrupt it.
In order to make it easier for all guests, villagers, businesses, organizers and associations, the Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis family holiday region has decided to introduce a uniform, digital contact tracking solution, i.e. guest registration.
Many of you feel unsure about booking their winter holiday. Owing to the current planning uncertainty however, the holiday destination of Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis and the accommodation have decided to offer improved cancellation conditions for the upcoming winter season 2020/21.
All information about the improved cancellation conditions can be found HERE.
We recommend to book a travel insurance for the upcoming winter season. When you book an accommodation on our website www.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at, you have the option to book an insurance through Europäische Reiseversicherung. The insurance now also covers Covid-19 diseases, like any other unexpected serious illness.
Follow our rules and regulations regarding health and hygiene. This ensures that you can lean back and relax during your winter holiday in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis. Please treat each other with respect. So you protect yourself, your family, your friends and other holiday makers. We are monitoring the situation and adapting our Covid-19 measures in response to changing legal and official guidelines.
TOGETHER AND SAFE IN THE SERFAUS-FISS-LADIS SKI AREA
Measures at and in the cable cars/lift facilities in the ski area
last update: 30.10.2020
Mouth-and-nose masks are mandatory when using cable cars
Bandanas, neck gaiters, etc. can also be used as protection.
As cable cars and chairlifts are means of public transport, which can run at full capacity, there are no limitations on the number of individuals in one gondola/ chairlift by law. However, the cable car companies in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis do not focus to run at full capacity. Groups or families belonging together may of course travel in one gondola. All gondolas are regularly ventilated and disinfected. Each ride takes less than 15 minutes, which is below the critical threshold. To keep the time travelling as short as possible, all cable cars run at an increased speed. Should this result in slightly longer waiting times, we kindly ask for your understanding.
The number of passengers in the Serfaus Underground will be reduced to 300 people.
In all waiting areas on the mountains as well as in the three villages, a 1-metre distance must be maintained and a mouth-and-nose mask is always mandatory!
The region of Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis relies on trained staff, security and regular announcements to inform guests of the need of keeping distance and maintaining all measures. In addition, the “Double Ski School offer” by the two ski schools helps to reduce the number of people at the cable car bottom stations at busy times.
The cable car’s staff who are in contact with guests (at cable cars/ restaurants) must wear a mouth-and-nose mask. Disinfectants are available at all restaurants and various locations throughout the region. Please take personal responsibility and comply with all measures taken.
Disinfection of gondolas and the Serfaus Underground
All gondolas and the Serfaus Underground are disinfected daily with cold nebulizers. The special cold fog produces a long-lasting, floating droplet fog, which eliminates 99.99% of all viruses, bacteria and spores on the surfaces within a very short time. The active ingredient leaves no residue, is non-toxic, pH-neutral, skin and eye-friendly and 100% biodegradable.
Mouth and nose protection must be worn in all closed rooms of the cable cars (children from the age of 6). This includes the waiting areas, the cable car ticket offices and shops, the ski depots and all mountain restaurants. Sufficient disinfection options are available in the entrance areas.
Self-service restaurants: Mouth and nose protection must be worn to and from the table as well as in the free-flow-area and in the toilet facilities.
Service restaurants: Mouth and nose protection must be worn to and from the table and in the toilet facilities.
No mouth and nose protection is required at the tables. In all restaurants, the legally prescribed table spacing is observed or appropriate separating devices (e.g. glass plane) are installed. There will be regular disinfections throughout the day. A table reservation in the mountain restaurants is currently not planned. However, suitable “guidelines and control measures” are developed by the staff.
All employees of the cable cars who are in contact with guests (cable cars and restaurants) are instructed to wear a mouth and nose protection. In addition to the restaurant areas, there are countless disinfectant dispensers available throughout the area. Signs with the precautionary measures are attached to all entrances and exits. Corresponding announcements in German and English additionally inform the guests about the safety precautions at regular intervals.
The measures of the ski schools are subject to constant evaluation and adjustment in accordance with the official requirements, the provisions of our partners - especially the cable car companies, as well as the elaborations of the interest groups and health authorities in conjunction with the medical advisors on site. It is also important to react quickly to changes in the frequency of infections locally and in our markets of origin.
Most of the ski school services can be booked online. This means that there is no longer any need to go to the ski school office and so one contact point is eliminated. Likewise, all data for possible contact tracing are optimally recorded. In addition to group courses, most of the payment for private courses will be switched to online payment.
Larger meeting points
In order to avoid large crowds of people, the ski school meeting points are being expanded.
Double Ski School Offer
The Double Ski School Offer with several staggered starting times is being expanded. The start times of individual performance groups are flexibly adapted to the respective situation and announced on time. This measure also reduces the number of ascents at peak times.
Safety of the employees
We give everything in terms of safety for our ski school employees. All employees will be tested for COVID-19 before the season’s start and must show a recent negative test result. In addition to correct instructions and rules of conduct, we ensure good accommodation and working conditions and carry out systematic tests in case of the slightest suspicion.
Mouth and nose protection and hand disinfection
In all public indoor areas, regardless of the legal requirements, our employees and guests who are older than 6 years are expected to wear a mouth and nose protection. Hand disinfection is also expected when entering and leaving our premises. We protect each other. This applies indoors in particular in the following rooms: all sales points in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis, hotels, Berta's Kindervilla. Likewise in Berta's Kindergarten and in Berta's Kinderplanet restaurant. All sales points and receptions will be equipped with glass protection.
Mouth and nose protection must always be worn at the meeting points (multifunctional towels, ski masks, bandanas, etc. are also considered as mouth and nose protection). In the ski groups, a mouth and nose protection must also be worn as soon as the safety distance of 1.5 metre is no longer guaranteed. That means: while standing, in the waiting area and during the personal analysis.
Animation for children
The popular and familiar children's entertainment only takes place outdoors. The ski schools will do their best to entertain the children outdoors during individual breaks.
The ski races will continue to take place weekly without restrictions. The start intervals are optimized in order to largely avoid any forming of crowds at start and finish areas. All prizes will be given outdoors.
Children's offer for children up to 3 years
The kindergarten for children from 3 months is only offered in Fiss. A pre-registration for the kindergarten must be made online by the day before, as only a limited number of children can be supervised. The kindergarten will be completely disinfected every hour. Access for parents to the kindergarten is strictly limited. We ask for your understanding that due to the current situation there is no offer for children younger than 3 years in Serfaus.
Children's lunch at Starrest, Murmlirest and Berta's Kinderplanet
The capacity in our children's restaurants will be reduced due to the necessary distance regulation. Of course, the best possible care is taken to ensure that families with several children in different groups can eat at the same time.
Free cancellation until 48 h
If, despite all the precautionary measures, you should get a bad feeling at short notice or perhaps not feel 100% fit, the ski schools offer a free cancellation option for all ski courses booked online up to 48 hours before the start of the course without giving reasons.
Also our sports shops and equipment rent stores have already worked out first measures & regulations for the winter season. Alongside general hygiene measures, following measures have been agreed upon:
- Wearing a mouth-and-nose-mask is compulsory for all employees and guests in the stores and ski depots (multifunctional towels, bandanas, buffs etc. can also be used)
- All employees will be tested for COVID-19 before the season’s start and must show a recent negative test result
- Regular disinfection measures are carried out in both shops and ski depots
- Booking and reservation of rent equipment: people are asked to book and reserve their rent equipment online (online check-in) before their arrival. This helps to guarantee short waiting times during peak hours
Please find all sport shops with their online reservation tool listed below:
In the umbrella bars of the cable cars there is no "après-ski-atmosphere" at all. The umbrella bars are running in the style of a coffee house, with service. Of course, the table distances are also carefully observed here.Subdued background music will be played. The opening times will also be based on the operating times of the cable cars.
You can also enjoy a safe trip on all ski busses who are transporting guests from the Tiroler Oberland (e.g. Prutz, Ried, Tösens) up to Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis. The current measures include:
- disinfectant dispenser at all entrances
- air exchange in the bus (every 1.5 min)
- active filter to capture viruses (pilot project since mid-August)
- cold fogging disinfection (once per day)
In addition to the conventional mouth and nose protection masks, multifunctional towels, ski masks, bandanas, buffs, tube scarfs, etc. can also be used as mouth and nose protection. It is important that the mouth and nose are completely covered to prevent droplets from spreading when speaking, coughing and sneezing. Mouth and nose protection masks are obligatory for people from the age of 6.
EVENTS AND OFF-PISTE
The following attractions can be used:
- Schneisenfeger Family Coaster
- Serfauser Sauser
- Fisser Flieger
Selected events are implemented under the strictest security precautions, futher information will be announced as soon as possible.
The ski opening will not take place in usual form this year. Unfortunately, all music events have to be suspended.
The following events & highlights will not take place in the coming winter season due to the increased risk of infection:
- Adventure Night in Serfaus (inkluding Ski Lounge VIP package, culinary evening with live music at Lassida restaurant)
- Nightflow in Fiss (including VIP Lounge)
- Magic Ladis
- Sunset Dinner Masner
- Behind the Scenes
- Snowcat Ride
- New Year's Eve torch run of the ski school Serfaus and ski school Fiss-Ladis
From today's perspective, the following events & highlights will take place, in compliance with all security measures:
- First Track in Fiss & Serfaus
- Nighttime skiing in Fiss and Kids Night (Möseralm mountain restaurant and Sonnenburg family restaurant open)
- Toboggan & Fondue Evening in Fiss (Möseralm mountain restaurant open)
- Nighttime skiing & tobogganing evening in Serfaus (Komperdell Panoramic Restaurant & Sportalm open)
- Crystal Cube in Fiss (Breakfast with Sparkling Wine, Luxury Lunch, High Tea)
- Sunrise Hexensee (reduced number of participants)
- Masner Express (reduced number of participants)
To curb the spread of the coronavirus, events will not take place. We ask for your understanding that the final decision depends on factors that we cannot influence. You can find an overview of which events are taking place in our event schedule.
The following facilities will not be open in the upcoming winter season due to the increased risk of infection:
- PlayIN Serfaus
- Murmli Crèche