CURRENT INFORMATION ABOUT THE WINTER SEASON 2020/21
This page will be continually updated and extended.
Subjects to change.
last update: 17 January 2021
Dear guests, residents and Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis fans!
Due to the current developments, Austria federal government decided on 17 January 2021, that restaurants and accommodations must stay closed until the end of February 2021. An exact date is not available yet, there will be an evaluation of the current situation in mid-February.
Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis fully supports the decision of the government, however, we are very sad that we are not able to welcome any guests yet.
According to regulations imposed by the authorities, cable cars may only run for locals and day-trippers from 24 December 2020.
You can find further information about the open lifts HERE.
However, we are confident about the near future and look forward to welcome you soon on our high plateau to spend a great and above all safe holiday. We share all the latest information on our channels.
START YOUR WINTER HOLIDAY WELL-INFORMED
Due to the current developments, Austria federal government decided on 17 January 2021 that restaurants and accommodations must stay closed until the end of February 2021. This applies for all types of accommodations.
According to regulations imposed by the authorities, cable cars may only run for locals and day-trippers from 24 December 2020.
Mountain restaurants must remain closed.
According to regulations imposed by the authorities, cable cars may only run for locals and day-trippers from 24 December 2020. Please inform yourself about the current conditions and open facilities before your journey.
You can find further information about the open lifts and attractions HERE.
Travel warnings for Tyrol
Here you can find all the relevant information for your holiday in Tyrol in a clear and compact format.
Can I cancel my holiday?
You can get detailed information by your accommodation provider, the online booking platform you used to book your holiday, your travel company or your travel insurance provider.
With the new entry regulations, electronic registration (“Pre-Travel-Clearance”) is mandatory from 15 January 2021 before entering Austria.
All persons entering Austria must register online. The data of the online registration are automatically forwarded to the district administrative authority responsible for the place of residence in Austria.
The tracking and management of contact persons has not only become a legally prescribed instrument, but simply an indispensable tool for tracking an infection chain and, if possible, being able to interrupt it.
In order to make it easier for all guests, villagers, businesses, organizers and associations, the Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis family holiday region has decided to introduce a uniform, digital contact tracking solution, i.e. guest registration.
Many of you feel unsure about booking their winter holiday. Owing to the current planning uncertainty however, the holiday destination of Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis and the accommodation have decided to offer improved cancellation conditions for the upcoming winter season 2020/21.
All information about the improved cancellation conditions can be found HERE.
We recommend to book a travel insurance for the upcoming winter season. When you book an accommodation on our website www.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at, you have the option to book an insurance through Europäische Reiseversicherung. The insurance now also covers Covid-19 diseases, like any other unexpected serious illness.
Follow our rules and regulations regarding health and hygiene. This ensures that you can lean back and relax during your winter holiday in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis. Please treat each other with respect. So you protect yourself, your family, your friends and other holiday makers. We are monitoring the situation and adapting our Covid-19 measures in response to changing legal and official guidelines.
TOGETHER AND SAFE IN THE SERFAUS-FISS-LADIS SKI AREA
Measures at and in the cable cars/lift facilities in the ski area
last update: 08.01.2021 - The following regulations currently apply.
- Closed transport vehicles (gondolas , chairlifts with bubble & Serfaus Underground) may be occupied up to 50%. If this results in slightly longer waiting times, we ask for your understanding.
- Exception: families and people who live in the same household.
- In general, a mouth and nose protection must be worn where the safety distance of 2 metres cannot be maintained or in all indoor rooms of the cable car areas such as cable car ticket offices, toilet facilities, etc.
- FFP2 masks are compulsory in closed vehicles (gondolas, chairlifts with bubble - even if they are open, Serfaus Underground). This applies also for people from the same household.
- Children up to the age of 14 do not need an FFP2 mask. They must wear mouth and nose protection.
- FFP2 masks are available for €2 at the cable car ticket offices.
- The minimum distance of 2 metres must be maintained at all waiting areas (inside & outside). Security staff ensure that the distances are maintained.
- Unfortunately, restaurants are closed directly in the ski area (also no take-away service). Take-away is only possible if the restaurant is on a public transport route.
That is why a take-away service was set up in the umbrella bar at the Waldbahn bottom station and at the Hexenalm at the Möseralmbahn/Schönjochbahn bottom station in Fiss.
Take-away service umbrella at the Waldbahn bottom station: Friday to Sunday from 9am to 3.45pm
Take-away service Hexenalm Fiss: daily from 9.30am to 4pm
- Gondolas and closed vehicles are regularly ventilated and disinfected.
- Each ride takes less than 15 minutes, which is below the critical threshold. To keep the time travelling as short as possible, all cable cars run at an increased speed.
- Extensive information signs, fences and markings support a well thought-out people guidance system, so that it is possible to maintain the appropriate distance. The region of Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis relies on trained staff, security and regular announcements to inform guests of the need of keeping distance and maintaining all measures.
- The cable car’s staff who are in contact with guests must wear a mouth-and-nose mask.
- There are enough disinfectant dispensers available throughout the area.
Disinfection of gondolas and the Serfaus Underground
All gondolas and the Serfaus Underground are disinfected daily with cold nebulizers. The special cold fog produces a long-lasting, floating droplet fog, which eliminates 99.99% of all viruses, bacteria and spores on the surfaces within a very short time. The active ingredient leaves no residue, is non-toxic, pH-neutral, skin and eye-friendly and 100% biodegradable.
From Monday, 4 January 2021 the Serfaus Underground will no longer be in operation. The range of slopes remains unchanged. There are about 40 parking spots available at the bottom station of the Serfaus cable car. Additional parking spots: Ladis bottom station, Fiss bottom station Schönjochbahn, Fiss Waldbahn
We appeal to each individual to take responsibility for compliance with the measures taken.
Mountain restaurants must remain closed until end of February 2021.
Mouth and nose protection must be worn in all closed rooms of the cable cars (children from the age of 6). This includes the waiting areas, the cable car ticket offices and shops, the ski depots and all mountain restaurants. Sufficient disinfection options are available in the entrance areas.
Self-service restaurants: Mouth and nose protection must be worn to and from the table as well as in the free-flow-area and in the toilet facilities.
Service restaurants: Mouth and nose protection must be worn to and from the table and in the toilet facilities.
No mouth and nose protection is required at the tables. In all restaurants, the legally prescribed table spacing is observed or appropriate separating devices (e.g. glass plane) are installed. There will be regular disinfections throughout the day. A table reservation in the mountain restaurants is currently not planned. However, suitable “guidelines and control measures” are developed by the staff.
All employees of the cable cars who are in contact with guests (cable cars and restaurants) are instructed to wear a mouth and nose protection. In addition to the restaurant areas, there are countless disinfectant dispensers available throughout the area. Signs with the precautionary measures are attached to all entrances and exits. Corresponding announcements in German and English additionally inform the guests about the safety precautions at regular intervals.
The measures of the ski schools are subject to constant evaluation and adjustment in accordance with the official requirements, the provisions of our partners - especially the cable car companies, as well as the elaborations of the interest groups and health authorities in conjunction with the medical advisors on site. It is also important to react quickly to changes in the frequency of infections locally and in our markets of origin.
Most of the ski school services can be booked online. This means that there is no longer any need to go to the ski school office and so one contact point is eliminated. Likewise, all data for possible contact tracing are optimally recorded. In addition to group courses, most of the payment for private courses will be switched to online payment.
Larger meeting points
In order to avoid large crowds of people, the ski school meeting points are being expanded.
Double Ski School Offer
The Double Ski School Offer with several staggered starting times is being expanded. The start times of individual performance groups are flexibly adapted to the respective situation and announced on time. This measure also reduces the number of ascents at peak times.
Safety of the employees
We give everything in terms of safety for our ski school employees. All employees will be tested for COVID-19 before the season’s start and must show a recent negative test result. In addition to correct instructions and rules of conduct, we ensure good accommodation and working conditions and carry out systematic tests in case of the slightest suspicion.
Mouth and nose protection and hand disinfection
In all public indoor areas, regardless of the legal requirements, our employees and guests who are older than 6 years are expected to wear a mouth and nose protection. Hand disinfection is also expected when entering and leaving our premises. We protect each other. This applies indoors in particular in the following rooms: all sales points in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis, hotels, Berta's Kindervilla. Likewise in Berta's Kindergarten and in Berta's Kinderplanet restaurant. All sales points and receptions will be equipped with glass protection.
Mouth and nose protection must always be worn at the meeting points (multifunctional towels, ski masks, bandanas, etc. are also considered as mouth and nose protection). In the ski groups, a mouth and nose protection must also be worn as soon as the safety distance of 2 metres is no longer guaranteed. That means: while standing, in the waiting area and during the personal analysis.
Animation for children
The popular and familiar children's entertainment only takes place outdoors. The ski schools will do their best to entertain the children outdoors during individual breaks.
The ski races will continue to take place weekly without restrictions. The start intervals are optimized in order to largely avoid any forming of crowds at start and finish areas. All prizes will be given outdoors.
Children's offer for children up to 3 years
The kindergarten for children from 3 months is only offered in Fiss. A pre-registration for the kindergarten must be made online by the day before, as only a limited number of children can be supervised. The kindergarten will be completely disinfected every hour. Access for parents to the kindergarten is strictly limited. We ask for your understanding that due to the current situation there is no offer for children younger than 3 years in Serfaus.
Children's lunch at Starrest, Murmlirest and Berta's Kinderplanet
The capacity in our children's restaurants will be reduced due to the necessary distance regulation. Of course, the best possible care is taken to ensure that families with several children in different groups can eat at the same time.
Free cancellation until 48 h
If, despite all the precautionary measures, you should get a bad feeling at short notice or perhaps not feel 100% fit, the ski schools offer a free cancellation option for all ski courses booked online up to 48 hours before the start of the course without giving reasons.
From 24 December 2020 to 8 February 2021, sports shops are only open for ski rental and ski service. Please inform yourself in advance about the opening times of the sports shops. Pre-registration by telephone is often necessary.
Also our sports shops and equipment rent stores have already worked out first measures & regulations for the winter season. Alongside general hygiene measures, following measures have been agreed upon:
- Wearing a mouth-and-nose-mask (from 25 January 2021 FFP2-mask) is compulsory for all employees and guests in the stores and ski depots (multifunctional towels, bandanas, buffs etc. can also be used)
- All employees will be tested for COVID-19 before the season’s start and must show a recent negative test result
- Regular disinfection measures are carried out in both shops and ski depots
- Booking and reservation of rent equipment: people are asked to book and reserve their rent equipment online (online check-in) before their arrival. This helps to guarantee short waiting times during peak hours
Please find all sport shops with their online reservation tool listed below:
Mountain restaurants must remain closed until the end of February. From 24 December 2020 to 8 February 2021, a take-away service was set up in the Waldbahn umbrella bar and in the Hexenalm.
In the umbrella bars of the cable cars there is no "après-ski-atmosphere" at all. The umbrella bars are running in the style of a coffee house, with service. Of course, the table distances are also carefully observed here.Subdued background music will be played. The opening times will also be based on the operating times of the cable cars.
You can also enjoy a safe trip on all ski busses who are transporting guests from the Tiroler Oberland (e.g. Prutz, Ried, Tösens) up to Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis. The current measures include:
- disinfectant dispenser at all entrances
- air exchange in the bus (every 1.5 min)
- active filter to capture viruses (pilot project since mid-August)
- cold fogging disinfection (once per day)
In addition to the conventional mouth and nose protection masks, multifunctional towels, ski masks, bandanas, buffs, tube scarfs, etc. can also be used as mouth and nose protection. FFP2 masks are mandatory in closed vehicles (gondolas, chairlifts with hoods - even if they are open, Serfaus underground) from the age of 14. It is important that the mouth and nose are completely covered to prevent droplets from spreading when speaking, coughing and sneezing. Mouth and nose protection masks are obligatory for people from the age of 6.
EVENTS AND OFF-PISTE
The following attractions can be used:
- Schneisenfeger Family Coaster
- Serfauser Sauser
- Fisser Flieger
Selected events are implemented under the strictest security precautions, futher information will be announced as soon as possible.
The following events & highlights will not take place in the coming winter season due to the increased risk of infection:
- Adventure Night in Serfaus (inkluding Ski Lounge VIP package, culinary evening with live music at Lassida restaurant)
- Nightflow in Fiss (including VIP Lounge)
- Magic Ladis
- Sunset Dinner Masner
- Behind the Scenes
- Snowcat Ride
- New Year's Eve torch run of the ski school Serfaus and ski school Fiss-Ladis
From today's perspective, the following events & highlights will take place, in compliance with all security measures:
- First Track in Fiss & Serfaus
- Nighttime skiing in Fiss and Kids Night (Möseralm mountain restaurant and Sonnenburg family restaurant open)
- Toboggan & Fondue Evening in Fiss (Möseralm mountain restaurant open)
- Nighttime skiing & tobogganing evening in Serfaus (Komperdell Panoramic Restaurant & Sportalm open)
- Crystal Cube in Fiss (Breakfast with Sparkling Wine, Luxury Lunch, High Tea)
- Sunrise Hexensee (reduced number of participants)
- Masner Express (reduced number of participants)
To curb the spread of the coronavirus, events will not take place. We ask for your understanding that the final decision depends on factors that we cannot influence. You can find an overview of which events are taking place in our event schedule.
The following facilities will not be open in the upcoming winter season due to the increased risk of infection:
- PlayIN Serfaus
- Murmli Crèche