Thomas Brezina’s Adventure Mountains
Austria’s most famous children’s book author Thomas Brezina gave his creativity free reign and conceptualized three exciting themed trails for children. Be it on the Piratenweg trail (Pirates’ Trail), the Hexenweg trail (Witches’ Trail) or the Forscherpfad trail (Explorers’ Trail) – the aim is to solve a number of puzzles as quickly as possible. Don’t lose heart, little adventurers!
Definitely get one! Little Sherlocks, listen up: Thomas Brezina has come up with a colourful puzzle booklet for all detectives! Grab one at the Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis information offices and start solving the puzzles!
Off you go – searching for traces and solving riddles!
Arrr and ahoy! Full steam ahead on the Piratenweg trail (Pirates’ Trail)
Equipped with a puzzle booklet, we’re finally ready to head off into our adventure! Take the Komperdellbahn cable car up to the mid station. The starting point of the Piratenweg trail is at the Murmli Water. Now it’s time to open up your puzzle booklet, grab a pen and experience the wild puzzlehunt surrounding Captain Pepper.
Let the adventure begin … During a stormy night, a ghost ship was sighted. On board: Captain Pepper and Sailor Chili. To make matters worse, the ship and its crew have been cursed! Now the master detectives are needed – they have to find the treasure! But where’s the chest hidden and what kind of treasure is inside?
Info about the Piratenweg trail
- walking time: approx. 2 hours (start - destination)
- elevation gain: 100 metres
- location: on the Komperdell – at the Murmliwasser park in Serfaus. It can best be reached via the mid station of the Komperdellbahn cable car.
- suitable for buggies*
“Abracadabra!” on to the Hexenweg trail (Witches’ Trail)
Peppina and her brother Fips need help! There was an explosion on the Hexenweg trail – the two young wizards have blown up the witches’ house! Lots of objects have been flung through the air and are scattered along the trail. So, let’s go! Grab your puzzle booklet and let’s solve the case!
Particularly tricky: The house wasn’t just blown up – it sits upside down now, too. The kids’ task: finding and collecting all the objects from it.
Info about the Hexenweg trail
- walking time: approx. 3 hours (Schönjochbahn middle station to Sonnenbahn middle station)
- elevation gain: about 430 metres
- location: take the cable car up to the Schönjochbahn middle station in Fiss. The entry point to the trail is only a few metres away.
- not suitable for buggies*
Exploring the Forscherpfad trail (Explorers’ Trail)
Huh? All of a sudden, all the hikers have shrunk and see everything from an ant’s perspective. What happened? All we know is that a strange tree house was discovered in the forest. At second glance, it becomes apparent that it’s an ingenious explorer’s house. A dream come true for every child with a curious and inventive mind!
On the Forscherpfad trail in Ladis, ambitious little explorers of nature encounter giant snails, mysterious paw prints and poisonous mushrooms.
Info about the Forscherpfad trail
- walking time: approx. 1 hour (start - destination)
- elevation gain: about 170 metres
- how to get to the start:
- Ladis (follow the Water Hiking Trail ) approx. 1 hour
- Fiss – Wolfsee lake – Berta’s Indian Village – past the Weiberkessel restaurant – approx. 1 hour
- not suitable für buggies*
Are your fingertips already starting to tingle? Then take your kids and experience Thomas Brezina’s three exciting themed trails!
* Definition suitable for buggies:
Trails that are marked as suitable for buggies can be accessed with a baby buggy because of their sufficient widths and solid surface.
However, you should be aware that you are out in the mountains. So we recommend:
- quality footwear
- mountain buggy
- a brake at the buggy
- wrist strap in case you should slip
- Shouldn’t you just be by yourself, let your companions help you to push the buggy.